Each week of our 24 Hours That Changed the World Lenten spiritual experience, Pastor Tim will have a prayer guide insert for the bulletin. We will also be posting those prayer guides as blogs.
PVUMC Lenten Discernment Prayer Guide Week 1
Day 1 Read Genesis 2:7
- Realize that God has created us in God’s image.
- Acknowledge that we cannot live without the breath of God.
- Ask for God to breathe new life into our spirits.
- Ask for the Holy Spirit to breathe into every part of our church.
Day 2 Read 1 Samuel 3:1-18
- Spend some time in listening to God.
- Pray and think about when you felt you heard God speaking. Reflect on what you believe God said.
- Pray that God speaks to you and to our church during this season.
Day 3 Read Proverbs 29:18
- Pray for God to continue to give us a vision.
- Pray for God to give you a vision for your life.
- Pray that we fulfill each part of our vision.
Our Vision: Connecting Hearts to Christ and One Another through
- Excellence in Worship.
- Engaging Spiritual Formation.
- Extra-mile Caring
- Expressive Faith Sharing
Day 4 Read Psalm 29:1
- Pray for Excellence in Worship at PVUMC.
- Pray that God moves in our worship services.
- Pray that hearts are open.
- Pray that lives are transformed in our Worship services.
- Pray that God is glorified.
Day 5 Read Colossians 2:6-7
- Pray that God roots you in Christ through Engaging Spiritual Formation.
- Pray that God leads all of us to get involved in some type of discipleship class, Sunday School class, small group, or Wednesday study.
- Pray that God uses our church to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.
Day 6 Read Matthew 5:38-42
- Pray for God to give us a generous and caring heart.
- Ask yourself where the areas are that need more compassion.
- Pray that God will show us how we as a church can care more for those in need.
- Pray for us to be a people of Extra-mile caring through the way we give and serve.
Day 7 Read Acts 1:8
- Pray that we will all see ourselves as God’s witnesses.
- Pray that we are good witnesses by how we live.
- Pray that God will help us share our faith and invite others to church.
- Pray that God opens the opportunities for witnessing.