The purpose of Family Ministries is to promote expressive faith sharing through a variety of activities. Family Ministries events are for anyone.
Pine Valley United Methodist Church’s Family Ministries activities include a church picnic or two each year, a Spring Family Camp, a Fall Family Camp, and our Summer Camp. Family Ministries also hosts Wednesday Night Suppers.
- held at various venues throughout New Hanover County
- we typically provide a main dish and drinks
Spring and Fall Family Camps
- alternate between Singletary Lake State Park in Kelly, NC and Lakewood Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC depending on their availability and typically Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day weekend but again this depends on venue availability
- A weekend of faith sharing, fellowshipping, and food
- week long residential camp
- open to those who have completed Kindergarten through 12th grade prior to the start of camp
- run by staff and church volunteers.
For more details on any of the events, call the church office and ask for either Charles or Shirley. Check the church newsletters and bulletins to see when the next family ministry opportunity is. We look forward to seeing you!
We truly appreciate the continued prayers and support of the Summer Camp ministry that connects hearts to Christ and one another. The below video is of our 2014 Summer Camp (no audio to the video).