Pine Valley’s Living the Five Lenten Journey begins February 18.
Lenten Season 2018
Ash Wednesday is February 14th and marks the beginning of the season of Lent. This season is the forty Days prior to Easter, not counting Sundays. The forty days represents the time Jesus spent in the wilderness, enduring temptation, and preparing to begin His ministry. Lent is a time of repentance, fasting and preparing for Easter; of self-examination and reflection. Often during this time, we focus on our relationship with God by choosing to give up something (i.e. candy) or to take up something (i.e. serving and giving of oneself for others).
During Lent, we will begin the Living the Five Lenten Journey. This spiritual life campaign is a five-week series with sermons, small groups, and a devotional book. The series will be great in getting to know more people in our church and to grow in our faith and discipleship. We want Lent to be a time of discernment for our lives and for the church. During this time, let us be spiritually sensitive to where God is calling us as we spend time in discernment and prayer. God bless you, all!!
Small Groups Begin the Week of February 18th! – Everyone is encouraged to be part of a small group during the Lenten season. Sermons and small groups will focus on the study,
Living The Five, by Jim and Jennifer Cowart. There small groups for adults that are meeting throughout the week in homes or at the church, and some of the groups will have childcare at the site of the study. Additionally, there are 6 youth groups participating in the study. Books may be picked up at the Welcome Centers on Sundays, or at the Church Office during the week. The suggested donation for the book is $10.
This video was made for us by the Cowarts to introduce their series to PVUMC.
Small Groups will be a big part of Living the Five Lenten Journey. We encourage everyone to participate in a small group. Below is a listing including the general area where the group will meet. If you require more information, please contact the church office.
- Seekers (Debbie Ward) – 9:45am – Church – Bldg B, Room #2
- AXIS (Bill & Jenny Berg) – 11:00am – College Age – Church – CLC Coffee House, Rm #212
- Faith Builders (Sherry Rich, David & Lynn Spinner) – 11:00am – Church – CLC, Rm #203
- Naomi Hazlett/Lynn Shuffler – 2:00pm – Church House – 124 Stonewall Jackson Dr.
- Pat & Susan Sullivan – 6:00pm – Pine Valley Extension
- Becky & John Harris – 6:30pm – Monkey Junction Area
- Mike & Rebecca Ryan – 7:00pm – Myrtle Grove Area
- Linda Gregson – 6:30pm – Church House – 124 Stonewall Jackson Dr. – Childcare Available
- Mike & Linda Page – 6:30pm – Ogden Area
- Ray & Loretta Holder – 7:00pm – Leland
- Sherry & Sherrill Newnam – 7:00pm – Kure Beach area
- Ingrams & Harrimans – 6:30pm – Leland
- Bill & PJ Bolduc – 7:00pm – Masonboro Loop Rd. Area
- Carlos & Sharon Perez – 6:00pm – Porter’s Neck
- Ambie & Ron Hower – 6:30pm – Monkey Junction
- Keith & Debbie Ward – 7:00pm – Pine Valley Extension
- Jeanne Scott – 7:00pm – Church – Bldg C, Rm #16
- Barry Stallings – 10:00am – Church – Bldg C, Rm #16
- Barry Stallings – 4:00pm – Church – Bldg C, Rm #16
- Jill & Mike Newsome – 7:00pm – Holly Tree Rd. Area
- Terri Kesler – 9:30am – Church – CLC Conference Rm
- Beverly Fitzgerald – 10:30am – Church – Bldg B, Rm #16
- Mary & Berry Stephens – 6:30pm – Monkey Junction Area
- Ellen Williams – 7:00pm – Pine Grove Dr. Area
- Tommy & Patricia Underwood – 7:00pm – River Road Area