Stephen Ministry is a congregational care program that equips lay persons to provide Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
When you may need Stephen Ministry:
- After the phone call you hoped you’d never get.
- After the divorce papers are served and the bottom falls out of your life
- After the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you.
- After the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- After the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- After the last child honks the horn, waves and drives away and the house suddenly seems empty.
- After the gavel goes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away.
- After the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- After you find a pink slip with your final paycheck.
- After your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
What does a Stephen Minister do?
- Keeps confidences
- Offers Christian friendship and love
If you are interested in learning more about Stephen Ministries at Pine Valley United Methodist Church or if you know of someone who may be in need of a Stephen Minister, contact the church office. We especially encourage you, after you have learned more about Stephen Ministry, to explore the possibility being a part of the Stephen Ministry training. If this is something you wish to pursue, please contact the church office.
More information about Stephen Ministries is available at their website.